Ordinance No. 619
The Commerce Water Conservation Ordinance prohibits the following:
1. Using a water hose to clean paved areas such as sidewalks, walkways, driveways and parking areas.
2. Watering lawns and landscaping between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
3. More than once a day watering and runoff.
4. Sprinkler system, faucets, and hose leaks that may cause runoff.
5. Indoor plumbing and fixture leaks causing water waste.
6. Washing vehicles at home unless it's done with a hand-held bucket or a water hose equipped with an automatic shutoff nozzle.
7. Decorative fountains without water recycling systems.