The City of Commerce requires at least 65% of the total Construction & Demolition
(C & D) debris generated by a Covered Project to be recycled or reused. C & D forms must be completed and submitted with permit applications and can be obtained below or from the Planning or Building & Safety Divisions of the Community Development Department.
Covered Projects include:
Exempt Projects include:
- All construction and tenant improvement projects requiring a permit pursuant to the L.A. County Building Codes;
- Projects either 10,000 square feet or greater or have an existing or projected value of $10,000 or greater;
- All demolition or grading projects of any valuation, and
- All City-sponsored construction, demolition and renovation projects.
- Projects less than 10,000 square feet or less than an actual value of less than $10,000 unless it's a demolition or grading project;
- Work not requiring a building or demolition permit;
- Detached single family residential structures and associated detached or attached accessory structures unless they represent significant reconstruction/remodel as determined by the Building Official;
- Work requiring only a plumbing, electrical or mechanical permit;
- Roofing projects that do not include removal of the existing roof; and
- Demolition or construction required to protect public health or safety in an emergency, as defined in Public Resources Code Section 21060.3.
C&D Waste Management Plan
C&D Program Waste Management Report
Construction & Demolition Materials
C&D Materials Recycling Guide
Recycled Content Products for Construction Catalog
Specification Writers, architects, and planners can use the CalRecycle on-line Construction and Demolition (C&D) Recycling Catalog to find products that range from reuse to recycled content. The Recyecled Content Products for Construction Catalog will help you find products that meet CALGreen, the US Green Building Council's LEED requirements. This site can be a resource to your project.