Bulky items are large items that will not fit into the trash barrels, and are collected by request. To request a pick up, residents must call for service at least 24 hours in advance of their collection day. All items must be placed at the resident's curb by 6:00 am on collection day. Residents are eligible for this service 12 times annually.
Bulky items include:
- Household appliances: (Refrigerators/Freezers with doors duct-taped close), Washers/ Dryers, Ovens, Stoves, BBQ's (Without gas tank, etc.)
- Household furniture: (Sofas, Chairs, Dressers, Bed Frames, Kitchen Tables, etc.)
- Water Heaters and Softeners: (Emptied salt and water)
- Lawnmowers (Without engine)
Items listed below must be cut into lengths no longer than 6 feet and bundled with twine or string. Each bundle must not weigh more than 50 pounds:
Items Not Eligible For Large Item Pick-Up:
- Construction material (concrete, asphalt, bricks, dirt)
- Electronic waste (computers, televisions, cell phones)
- Cars, truck, motorcycle, boat, and trailer bodies or vehicle parts of any kind
- Hazardous waste (motor oil, oil filters, brake fluid, paint, paint thinner, turpentine, cleaning solvents with acid or lye, pesticides or herbicides, household or vehicle batteries and pool chemicals)
To schedule a pick up online:
Submit a Bulky Item Request Form by 5pm Monday through Friday on the day prior to your pick-up day, and by 1pm on Saturday if your pick-up day is Monday. Calmet is closed on Sunday's and cannot process Sunday bulky orders for Monday pick-up. If your order is made after the times above, your bulky item pick-up will be scheduled for the following weeks pick-up day.
For more information, please contact CalMet Services at (562) 259-1239 or visit the CalMet Residential Services page. For the collection of deceased animals, please contact Animal Control at (323) 887-4460 ext. 2236.