Collection Schedule & Special Pick-ups
Residential Service Provider
The City of Commerce contracts with CalMet Services Inc. for residential trash and recycling services. Please contact CalMet at (562) 259-1239 or visit Calmet Services
to inquire about services, your collection day, and special collections.
Bulky Item Pick-up
Bulky items are large items that will not fit into the trash barrels, and are collected by request. To request a pick up, residents must call for service at least 24 hours in advance of their collection day. All items must be placed at the resident's curb by 6:00 am on collection day. Residents are eligible for this service 12 times annually.
Bulky items include:
- Household appliances: (Refrigerators/Freezers with doors duct-taped close), Washers/ Dryers, Ovens, Stoves, BBQ's (Without gas tank, etc.)
- Household furniture: (Sofas, Chairs, Dressers, Bed Frames, Kitchen Tables, etc.)
- Water Heaters and Softeners: (Emptied salt and water)
- Lawnmowers (Without engine)
Items listed below must be cut into lengths no longer than 6 feet and bundled with twine or string. Each bundle must not weigh more than 50 pounds:
Items Not Eligible For Large Item Pick-Up:
- Construction material (concrete, asphalt, bricks, dirt)
- Electronic waste (computers, televisions, cell phones)
- Cars, truck, motorcycle, boat, and trailer bodies or vehicle parts of any kind
- Hazardous waste (motor oil, oil filters, brake fluid, paint, paint thinner, turpentine, cleaning solvents with acid or lye, pesticides or herbicides, household or vehicle batteries and pool chemicals)
To schedule a pick up online:
Submit a Bulky Item Request Form by 5pm Monday through Friday on the day prior to your pick-up day, and by 1pm on Saturday if your pick-up day is Monday. Calmet is closed on Sunday's and cannot process Sunday bulky orders for Monday pick-up. If your order is made after the times above, your bulky item pick-up will be scheduled for the following weeks pick-up day.
For more information, please contact CalMet Services at (562) 259-1239 or visit Bulky Items. For the collection of deceased animals, please contact Animal Control at (323) 887-4460 ext. 2236.
Holiday Collection Schedule
Trash and recycling services will not be provided on New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day. When a specified holiday falls on a weekday, collections will be delayed one day for the remainder of the week. All other holidays throughout the year will have regularly scheduled service.
Calmet 2016 Holiday Schedule
Christmas Tree Recycling
Curbside Holiday Tree Pick-Up
Beginning December 26th, 2016, through January 13th, 2017, CalMet offers curbside Holiday Tree (Including Flocked Trees) disposal and recycling for residential customers. Just place your holiday tree curbside on your regular service day and they'll take it from there.
Please ensure your tree is free from ornaments, tinsel and plastic tree bags. And, don’t forget to remove your tree stand.
If your tree is taller than 4ft, please cut into two pieces prior to "Green Waste Bin" disposal.
If you would like a holiday tree picked up after January 15th, please contact Calmet Services at (562) 259-1239 to schedule a bulky item pick-up.
The City encourages reusing artificial Christmas trees in place of real trees. This will reduce the amount of trees needing to be removed from the environment and recycled.