The City of Commerce contracts with Nationwide Environmental Services for commercial and residential street sweeping services. Generally the commercial areas of the City are swept early Monday morning (12:00 am - 6:00 am), and the residential areas are swept between the hours of 8:00 am and 12:00 noon on the following days:
|Monday / Friday
- Rosini Area / east of Atlantic Boulevard - West of Eastern Avenue
- West of the Long Beach (710) Freeway
- Southeast area north of the Southern Pacific Railroad line (better known as the freeway housing tract)
- Rosewood Area
- The "Village"
|Tuesday / Wednesday
- Bandini Area
- Veteran's Area / Southeast Area - South of the Southern Pacific Railroad
|Thursday / Friday
- Bristow / Northwest Area and Ferguson Drive
Holidays for which street sweeping services are suspended include New Year's Day, Washington's Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day (Fourth of July), Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
: The City participates in a street sweeping program which prohibits on-street parking on alternating days and alternating sides of each street, as indicated on signs posted for streets in the above named areas.
For general information or to report problems call (323) 722-4805 ext. 4451.