Large Item Pick-Up
Items such as couches, rugs, refrigerators, water heaters and other household items will be picked up on the regularly scheduled day for each area. Bushes, branches, lumber, etc., must be tied in bundles, and all items must be placed at curb or in alley prior to the rubbish collector's 6:00 am start time. Stumps, logs and steel pipe over 4 feet long will not be picked up.
Items Not Eligible for Large Item Pick-Up
- Large item pick-ups are made on the resident's regular service day.
- All items must be placed at the resident's curb by 6:00 am on collection day.
- Construction material (concrete, asphalt, bricks, dirt, etc.)
- Animals - Please contact Animal Control at (323) 887-4460 ext. 2236
- Car, truck, motorcycle, boat and trailer bodies or vehicle parts of any kind
- Hazardous waste, including motor oil, oil filters, brake fluid, paint, paint thinner, turpentine, cleaning solvents with acid or lye, pesticides or herbicides, household or vehicle batteries and pool chemicals
Residents must call CalMet Services at (562) 259-1239 for large item pick-up at least 24 hours in advance of their collection day.
For more information, please call the Public Services Department at (323) 887-4451.