Contact CalMet Services at (562) 259-1239 to request trash and recycling containers. Trash and recycling containers are issued to residents at no charge. The City’s contracted recycler provides a 3-container system for refuse, co-mingled recycling and greenwaste recycling.
- Rinse all food containers thoroughly upon emptying a bottle, jar or can.
- Place all metal, glass, plastic and paper in the recycling container. Place the recycling container at the curb on your regular collection day.
- To discourage scavenging, place your recycling container out in the morning on your trash collection day.
Commerce 2016 Newsletter
- Do not include tissues, paper towels, paper plates or any paper product with food or other contaminates on it.
- Do not put motor oil, paint, turpentine, cleaners that contain acids or lye, household or car batteries or pesticides in your recycling container or in your trash.
- Windowpanes, glassware or ceramics cannot be recycled.