Contact CalMet Services at (562) 259-1239 to request trash and recycling containers. Trash and recycling containers are issued to residents at no charge. Containers for recycling green waste are not provided by the City’s contracted recycler. Residents should provide containers no larger than 35 gallons for recycling green waste.
- Rinse all food containers thoroughly upon emptying a bottle, jar or can.
- Place all metal, glass, plastic and paper in the recycling container. Place the recycling container at the curb on your regular collection day.
- To discourage scavenging, place your recycling container out in the morning on your trash collection day.
- Do not include tissues, paper towels, paper plates or any paper product with food or other contaminates on it.
- Do not put motor oil, paint, turpentine, cleaners that contain acids or lye, household or car batteries or pesticides in your recycling container or in your trash.
- Windowpanes, glassware or ceramics cannot be recycled.