Hazardous Waste Recycling & Disposal
Local Disposal Sites for Household Hazardous Waste
2850 Tanager Ave.
Commerce, CA 90040
(888) EWASTE8 or (323) 837-9950
2649 E. Washington Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90021
Open Friday - Sunday, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
L.A. County also offers free household hazardous waste roundup collection events on Saturdays at various locations throughout the county. For more information on upcoming events and a complete list of items accepted - Please Contact:
Los Angeles County Public Works Department LA County Department of Public Works (888) Clean - LA
Sanitation Districts of LA County Sanitation Districts of LA County (800) 238-0172.
Household Hazardous Waste Includes the following:
How to prepare items for transportation:
- Brake fluid, anti-freeze, motor oil and filters
- Paint, paint thinner
- Cleaners with acid or lye
- Pesticides or herbicides
- Household and car batteries
- Pool chemicals
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Expired medicine
- Home-generated sharps waste
- Transport items in a sturdy box, preferably in their original labeled containers.
- Do not mix the items together.
- Be prepared to leave your containers and boxes.