About the Project
The City of Commerce is drafting a Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan to
develop a vision for how to make bicycling and walking more viable
transportation options for its residents. The final document will contain
policy and infrastructure recommendations the City will implement to incorporate
more bicycling and walking-friendly elements into its urban landscape.
• Increase rates of walking and bicycling within the City.
• Provide residents with safer infrastructure options to walk and bike within the
• Create a bicycle and pedestrian network to connect the City’s neighborhoods
to each other and to adjacent cities.
• Reduce vehicle traffic and emissions.
• Improve the overall quality of life for Commerce residents.
• Safe access to schools, parks, libraries, etc.
1. Project Began – June 2018
2. Outreach Meetings (June 2018-Summer 2019)
3. Draft Master Plan (Spring 2019)
4. Final Master Plan (Fall 2019)
How can you participate?
To develop a comprehensive Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan truly reflective of the community’s experiences, concerns, and ideas regarding walking and biking in the City, we invite everyone who works and/or lives in the City to participate by….
1. Completing the survey about how you travel in Commerce: Bike & Ped Master Plan Survey
2. Participate in the community meetings we will be hosting to
collect information. All meeting details will be posted on this page.
3. Provide safety input on the Interactive Map
Community Meeting Schedule: TBA
Let’s make streets in Commerce a better place to walk and bike on for everyone!