Click to Home
Go To Search
Site Tools

Activity Cards
Only City of Commerce residents may obtain a Resident Activity Card. The following defines residency.
Residency is defined as:

1. A residential unit as a house, apartment, or condominium. Hotels are not included.
Resident is defined as:
2. Residents who reside full time in homes located in the City of Commerce. Minors or adult children attending college are eligible for resident cards.

Resident & Industrial Resident Activity Cards 
Residents may obtain a Resident Activity Card at the Brenda Villa Aquatic Center during the following hours: Monday thru Friday from 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. and on Saturday and Sunday from 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.  Residents must bring their expired Resident Activity card.  When applying for new cards, residents will need to bring a California Driver License or Photo I.D. and documents proving residency in the City. 
  • New and/or Renewal cards:  $5.00   
  • Lost cards or replacements:  $5.00

Please note: Municipal Ordinance 9.04.105 prohibits the use of a Resident Activity Card by individuals not authorized by residency to do so. Unauthorized use will result in the individual being charged with an infraction punishable by law. 

At its meeting of January 4, 2011, the City Council approved amendments to Chapter 9.06.025 of the Municipal Code to include penalties for individuals who fraudulently obtain resident cards, as well as penalties for residents who assist others to fraudulently obtain resident cards.  Penalties include the revocation of activity cards for one year and repayment of City services obtained using fraudulent cards.
Requirements for Obtaining a Card 

Any person 18 years of age and older is considered an adult and must bring the following in his/her name:
  • California Driver License or California ID with their curretn Commerce address. A US passport or Consulate Identification may be used to verify ones identity.
  • A current utility bill (electronic bills with a PDF copy of the statement are acceptable).  If a resident does not have a utility bill in his/her name, three (3) forms of monthly billings with a corresponding Commerce address may be used.
  • Acceptable monthly bills include:  Wireless, Internet provider, pay check stub, credit card bill, Medi-Cal, Social Security, TANF, Child Support documentation, delinquent collection notices, car insurance, college registration, student loan statement, automobile payment, vehicle registration documentation. 

A Resident Activity Card will be issued to children with an original birth certificate when the parent has met the Resident Activity Requirements for an adult.

Family Members Ages 18-27 years old living with parents must bring in the following:
Adults must provide a current California Driver License or California ID and one of the following: current bank statement, current credit card statement, school registration in your own name with a Commerce address, or a current pay check stub with a Commerce address on it. You must come in with your parent and/or bring in parent's current utility bill and parent's California Driver License or California ID. 
Senior Citizens
California Driver License or a California ID and a current utility bill. A permanent Resident Activity Card will be issued to seniors 70 years and older.  The permanent Resident Activity Card must be renewed every 5 years, free of charge.

Non-Resident Grandchildren of Commerce Residents
Grandparents applying for this card must have a current card and bring in reasonable proof of parentage to obtain this card. Grandchildren must be 18 years of age or younger to obtain a card. Residency expires on their 19th birthday. The original birth certificate must be shown for proof of age.
Industrial Activity Cards
A $180 facility fee is applied to industrial residents. This card is valid for one year. The fee will be pro-rated based on the month one joins. The industrial cardholder is entitled to use the physical fitness facilities at the Brenda Villa Aquatic Center. Cardholders are also able to participate in adult classes. Annual fee subject to change.